The Play AreaEdit
Score: John - 2 Mary - 0
Click on a card to view more information about it!
Mary needs to prevent John from gaining too much of an early lead; it’s her turn to try and score some points!
- Mary draws a card
- There are no exhausted cards to be readied
- Mary gains 3 action tokens based on the highest score (John’s score of 2)
It’s time for Mary to reveal her face-down Troublemaker by flipping it face-up: it’s a Purple Parasprite!
So long as this Troublemaker remains face-up at the It’s Alive! Problem, John will not be allowed to confront the Problem! Let’s look at the three important parts of this card:
- The power value in the top-right corner. Unlike the power that is found on Mane Characters and Friends, this power has no associated color, and is only used in faceoffs against the opponent’s characters (which will be explained later).
- The points awarded to a player if they are able to defeat the Troublemaker.
- The game text that explains any special abilities that the Troublemaker has. This Purple Parasprite is able to cause one of John's characters to become exhausted during his Troublemaker Phase!
Now that Mary has 3 action tokens available instead of 2, they can start to play more powerful cards. She spends all 3 action tokens to play Jetstream, All Heart to the Cloudbursting Problem. The play requirement of 1 Blue power is covered by the Rainbow Dash Mane Character.
Jetstream has an impressive ability that gives her +2 power when involved in a faceoff.
Mary now has enough colored power at the Cloudbursting Problem to start confronting it. They gain 1 point plus another bonus point for being the first to confront it, for a total score of 2 points!
|Previous: Example Game (John's Turn 2)||How To Play||Next: Example Game (John's Turn 3)|