Character cards have at least one available color at all times. Players can use their character’s power value as any one of that character’s available colors in order to confront Problems, participate in faceoffs, and meet the play requirements of their other cards, however they cannot use more than one color at a time.
Character cards are the only cards that can have a color; whereas other cards have printed power values (which are mainly used during faceoffs), that power has no associated color.
There are six possible colors in the MLP CCG, each representing one of the Elements of Harmony:
- Blue (representing Loyalty)
- Orange (representing Honesty)
- Pink (representing Laughter)
- Purple (representing Magic)
- White (representing Generosity)
- Yellow (representing Kindness)